Parshat Lech Lecha teaches us about two different ways that one can receive a revelation from Hashem.
- At the beginning of the parsha, Hashem tells Avraham to go to the Land of Canaan. According to Ibn Ezra, this was while Avraham was still in Ur Kasdim. If so, this revelation would be as a result of the mitzvah of Kiddush Hashem done when Nimrod threw Avraham in to the Kivshan. Ramban rejects this and says that Avraham received the mitzvah in Charan. Therefore it would seem that this revelation was a sort of Awakening from Above, that a certain Keitz had arrived.
- Avraham receives a revelation upon arriving in the Land, fulfillment of the mitzvah of Yishuv haAretz.
- After Avraham convinces Lot to move away from him, Hashem is revealed again. Revelation following mitzvah.
- Brit Bein haBetarim came after Avraham refused to take payment from the King of Sdom, another Kiddush Hashem.
- Brit Milah came at least 13 years later, and would therefore seem to come when it did due to a Keitz.