According to Kabbalah, the 70 years of the Birthpangs of Moshiach correspond to the 70 words of Tehillim chapter 20, and the 2nd paragraph of Aleinu Leshabeach (Al-Ken).
The last few words of Tehillim chapter 20 are common in Jewish liturgy:
כ:י - ה' הושיעה המלך יעננו ביום קראנו
20:10 - Hashem, save us, the King that replies to us on the day of our calling
- Word 65 - Hashem
- Word 66 - Save us הושיעה
- Word 67 - The King המלך
- Word 68 - (that) replies to us יעננו
- Word 69 - On the day ביום
- Word 70 - (of) Our calling קראנו
- 66 has to do with a Geulah
- 67 has relation to the rule of Torah upon Am Yisrael
- 68 is about the Beit HaMikdash, the place of prayer
- 69 and 70 are related as they are one phrase grammatically, the day we call out is the day of trouble (see the first pasuk of the Perek.