In chapter 12 of Breishit, we see the history of Avraham's Aliyah, his 1st year, if you would:
- The Mitzvah to come to Eretz Yisrael.
- Avraham comes to Eretz Yisrael with Sarah, Lot, and all of the souls that they had made. (Ateret HaYesod. Also, all the souls they made: the Borer of Galus is over.)
- They came to Shechem, but the Canaanites were there then. (Shechem symbolizes Yosef)
- Avraham has a prophecy from Hashem, and builds a mizbeach, and then travels south. (Mizbeach as a precursor to the Beit HaMikdash)
- There is a drought, Avraham goes with Sarah to Pharoah. (Before the great Aliyah, there is a Yeridah. ועת צרה היא ליעקב וממנה יושע)
- Avraham becomes exceedingly wealthy both upon arriving, and more so upon leaving Mitzraim. (The Zechirah brings physical abundance to Am Yisrael)
- Avraham returns to the place that he was at first, between Beit El and the Ai. (Again the Beit HaMikdash)