The Introduction to Tikkunei Zohar on page 4b
And immediately after it went up, "and they went without strength before the pursuer", and because of this the masters of the mishnah have set up, that everyone who says Amen Yehei Shmeh Rabba with all his might, (in heaven) they tear up a sentence of 70 years, that these 70 years, are after 1200 years, that the Beit HaMikdash was destroyed, and there are those that calculate it from the time that the Tamid ceased, because the Keitz of the Redemption is dependent on the level of Yaakov, which is the level of Truth, and that is what is written "Give truth to Yaakov" (Michah 7), which is the sign for 1290, and there are those that add a further 2, from "Close is Hashem to those that call Him, to all those that call Him in truth (in truth has 2 more in gematria), to know in the land Your ways, thus it is here with land, Aleph Ra"tz (i.e. Elef, or 1000, and Ra"tz which is the gematria of 290), 90, to fulfill with it Truth sprouts up from the Land, so that there will be a value of Land (i.e. 1290), but the sentence itself is 70 years.Essentially, there are 3 uses of the 1200 years of Galut here:
- There are 1200 years after the Churban, followed by 70 years.
- There are 1200 years from the time of taking away of the Tamid, followed by 70/90 years.
- There are 1200 years from the time of taking away the Tamid, followed by 72 years.
I would propose that each one is correct, and is talking about different understandings of similar teachings.
- The 1200 years after the Churban, followed by 70 years in which we could do tikkun, the 70th year falls a few years after the end of the period where Galut is for the Sin of Mechirat Yosef. Essentially, then, the 1200 years and the 70 are a deadline for tikkun.
- The 1200 years after the taking away of the Tamid, followed by the 70/90 years (and eventually 135 years to complete the 1335), this seems to be a hint at the main year count of the Zohar in Parshat Vayera 119 and Shemot 9/10.
- The 1200 years from the taking away of the Tamid, followed by 90 years, as I detailed here.