The Ramchal lists a few different actions that occur during the time of Pekidah.
- The rising of the Shechinah from the dirt of Galus - The dirt is a metaphor for the klipot. At this time, the Shechinah gains the light of rulership, but it is only revealed outward at the time of Zechirah.
- The first Zivug between the Tsaddik and the Shechinah
- The fixing of Hester Panim - as discussed in the previous posts. This repair is partial, and is not easily viewed from the outside. Only a discerning eye (or perhaps one with 20/20 hindsight) can see this. Also, this fix is temporary, until the time of Zechirah.
- The light of the Pekidah causes a desire in Am Yisrael to do Teshuvah. The Ramchal writes that this is the purpose of the Pekidah.
- The going out of the imprisoned souls
- The Yechidah (the highest level of soul) is built for Moshiach
Following the Pekidah is a time of darkness, a weakness after the light of the Pekidah is withdrawn.